Here are the list of research priorities identified in collaboration with senior leaders of LVMH at the Inaugural 2016 LVMH-SMU Luxury Research Conference. We hope that many of the researchers in luxury domain will address these research priorities at the future conference.
- Market orientation in luxury
How do creative oriented brands stay attuned to the desires of the client?
- The role of luxury in driving Employer Branding
How can luxury brands attract, retain and motivate the best employees?
- Luxury Service Experiences
What role does service play in the luxury brand experience?
- The relationship between luxury and technology
What is the relationship? How is it different?
- International Price Points
How do differences in prices and interpretations of price impact luxury brand perception?
- The Growing power of Travel Retail
How is consumer behaviour different? Can you build brand in travel retail?
- International Dynamics in Luxury Brand Purchase
Does a Chinese buyer of LV in France feel differently from a Chinese buyer in China?
- Where have we come from? Where are we going?
Use of longitudinal time series data to extrapolate future trends and changes in luxury
- Overexposure versus Awareness
When does a luxury brand suffer because of over-exposure and how can this be avoided or ameliorated?
- Creative Directors vs Creative Teams
What are the implications on consumers and brand success of moving from a single creative head to a team approach?
- How is Luxury Different across Business Groups?
Comparing differences between W&S, W&J, F&LG and P&C
- Millennials and Luxury
Do these people actually perceive and buy luxury differently from other generations?
- CSR and Luxury
What impact does CSR have on the attitude to and purchase of luxury brands?
- Success Factors?
What are the factors that enable a luxury brand to succeed or fail?
Last updated on 26 Apr 2017 .